The list publications included in the bibliography are often the key to providing further information and the original publication will often provide valuable links to other publication. The availability and location of publications online are frequently changing, we have therefore ceased providing direct links.
As an alternative, we have produced a list of external websites, where you can either access publications directly or view an abstract or citation. The publishers of major journals also provide on-line access to their periodicals; access is usually by subscription or purchase.
Selected Institutional Archives, Libraries, Organisations and Journals
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Acess to a wide range of journals, including Annals of Scottish Natural History, Scottish Birds, and the Entomologist's Monthly Magazine, books and reports
- British Trust for Ornithology Research Reports
- Glasgow Natural History Society
- JNCC Resource Hub
- Access to a wide range of publications relating to the offshore marine environment
- Marine Scotland
- Links to Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science reports, topic sheets and statistical publications
- The National Archives, Kew
- Includes reports from the Nature Conservancy Council
- National Library of Scotland
- Includes reports from Scottish Natural Heritage, Scottish and UK Government Department and agencies.
- National Museum of Scotland, Department of Natural Sciences
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- RSPB, Centre for Conservation Science
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- The information hub includes access to the most recent publications
- Scottish Ornithologists Club
- Website includes access to the Online Scottish Bird Report and a publications archive
- The Society for the History of Natural History
- Publishes Archives of Natural History